Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pilates and Burritos

Does it cancel out the good if you eat a burrito right after a Pilates class? I hope not!

I get in such a health conscious mood when the weather turns nice -- like it's been doing lately! The sunshine and warm days inspire me to exercise and eat healthier and drink lots of smoothies!! (I still enjoy a good ol Salted Caramel Cupcake though...)

Today I tried Pilates for the first time ever. My friend Summer, a server at Hill Country, teaches Pilates and set it up so that  HCers could go in once a week for a group class. Today was the first one and even though only 3 of us were there, I think it was very successful! 

It was a small enough group that we could still get one-on-one attention from Summer which was great and we could all easily go out for Mexican afterwards :) 

The biggest difference I noticed between Pilates and many other forms of exercise is how much you have to focus on various muscles and body parts as you're working out. It will definitely take some getting used to, but I really enjoyed Pilates and hope to return in the next few Mondays!






No comments:

Post a Comment