Monday, January 28, 2013

Mmm Pasta

How great is it that you can cook pasta in the microwave?! So much more handy than having to get a pot of water boiling on the stove and wait for the pasta to cook. And especially if you're only making one serving, like me :)

It's been forever but here again is Mug Monday:


Pesto Pasta

1 serving of your favorite pasta
Enough water to cover the pasta
Dash salt
1-1 1/2 Tablespoon pesto (to taste)
One slice of tomato
Mozzarella cheese (I use string cheese and chop one of them)

Pour water over pasta in a mug and add salt. Cook in microwave until pasta is tender (my microwave isn't very powerful and it takes about 7 minutes for rotini). 

While pasta is cooking, chop up the tomato and cheese. When pasta is fully cooked, drain the water off of it and stir in pesto (it's super easy to make! So if you can do it! But right now I'm just using store bought) until noodles are coated then add tomatoes and cheese. Enjoy :)


3 comments:

  1. So how do I make pesto? Where do you even buy it? It's a new world for me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, pesto is amazing! You can put it on pasta or sandwiches or wraps, I've also seen it in soup. And I'm sure my mom will introduce you to it's magic when she visits you Aunt Jenny :)

      Here's my recipe for pesto, you just throw it all in the blender and blend til smooth-ish:
      1/4 c. Basil
      2 shakes garlic powder
      1/3 c. Favorite nuts
      1/2 c. Olive oil
      2 t. Lemon juice
      1/4 t. Salt
      1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

      Delete
  2. I've heard your parents saying yours was the best this summer-looks yummy. Uncle Linn won't eat it though because the parmesan...may just have to be my lunch...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete