Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Hi All!

It's been awhile since I posted a Mug Monday... Today though, I would like to share a recipe I was very excited to find: pineapple upside down cake in a mug!

I found the recipe from an awesome Taste of Home forum that has a bunch of mug recipes. Then made my own adaptations according to the inngredients I had :)

The original recipe called for a pineapple ring which would be brilliant in a mug... but I just had a can of pineapple chunks so I used that and chopped the chunks smaller and didn't have any maraschino cherries around so, although that's usually key to the presentation of pineapple upside down cake, mine was missing that. feel free to add your own though!


Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Topping:
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon pineapple juice
Pineapple chunks (or a pineapple ring)
Cake:
6 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons butter (melted or softened)
2 Tablespoons pineapple juice

Mix the brown sugar and pineapple juice in the bottom of a mug and spread out. Drop the pineapple chunks in (I just estimated on amount, as pineapple-y as you'd like it) and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to get the brown sugar/pineapple juice all bubbly and delicious. 

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, egg, vanilla, butter, and pineapple juice until completely blended. Pour the batter into the mug and place in the microwave for about 4 minutes.

Hold an inverted plate at the rim of the mug and flip the mug and plate over so that the cake falls onto the plate, topping side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment