Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Failed Projects and A Star Studded Life

Hi All!

Sometimes, I really want to blog but just don't know what to write about. Which is why my posts are kindof sporadic.

Today is one of those days. I knew I wanted to blog from the moment I woke up, so I thought "I'll do something from a Pinterest board then share it with everyone!"

So I did. I did this hair mask which was egg whites, olive oil and water. You massage into your scalp and let sit for 20 minutes then rinse out and wash your hair as usual. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me... Even after rinsing and repeating. Then letting my hair dry and washing it again. The mask was supposed to leave my hair shiny and healthy but it just looks oily. Good thing I had the day off work! And got to try a new hairstyle... Looking back at the 'recipe' I realize I was actually supposed to use egg yolks instead of whites... Haha oops! Maybe that was my problem?

Anyways... Next I tried a new mug recipe for a s'more mug cake. And because I couldn't imagine putting almost FOUR TABLESPOONS of butter into a single mug cake, I cut that down. Then the cake was a little dry sooo there will be a little tweaking of the recipe before I share that one.

I did do my nails pretty but I don't feel that's worth sharing haha and in the meantime watched some movies: Peter Pan because I don't want to grow up, Legally Blonde because it's just a great movie, and now When In Rome because it has Angelica Huston in it and one of my friends here teaches her Pilates. Which is really cool :)

In other celeb news, one of my girlfriends and I went out for coffee with a movie director/screen writer and his marketing guy over the weekend! We'd both met these guys on different days while at work and they promised to get us into a screening of the movie they're working on (starring Alexis Bledel!!) at one of the colleges here in NYC. And I know all of that sounds crazy and sketchy BUT it's actually legit. First, I have a pretty good sense of people when meeting them, second, we were very careful about the whole meeting and we ended up grabbing coffee at Birch Coffee and having a great time!

The movie, Violet & Daisy, doesn't have a trailer yet (they're working on it now) so I can't really vouch for it but I'll let ya know how that screening goes ;) if it goes.

Love from New York!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment