Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Internship #2

So remember that exciting thing I promised to "talk more about later" last weekend? I'm finally going to talk about it.

Two Fridays ago, I had an interview for an internship at WeSell.com, a large advertising and event hosting site located in Manhattan. I felt like the interview had gone really well, but didn't really want to share too much until I had heard something back from them, preferably something positive.

I had been told I would hear from them after about a week and when I didn't hear from them right on Friday (or Saturday... or Sunday) I got a little disheartened. I mean, I felt very good after that interview! But that's life I guess... Who actually gets the first thing they interview for?

Friends advised me to follow up so I planned to call them back today. Well, last night, right in the middle of writing my Mug Monday post, I got a phone call and what do you know, it was David over at WeSell inviting me back and wondering if I could start today! I was ecstatic! I literally jumped up and down and screamed a little, which isn't something I do, like ever.

After fretting over the definition of "Business Casual" I figured out an outfit (I've been longing for new clothes and eager to do some shopping in NYC and now I actually have an excuse to get some new, professional clothes!) and headed off for my first day today! It was awesome. I actually have my own desk, complete with dual monitors! Everyone seems pretty friendly and it's such a professional setting, while being young and fun. Best of all, just the little taste of graphic design work I got to do today made me excited and remember how much I love graphic design. Oh, and did I mention it's a paid internship? A rarity, I assure you.

I'm ready for a new venture and so excited to be doing graphic design work! This is such an answer to prayer and I just wonder what else is in store for me...

3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you! Keep living the dream!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Sounds amazing. I've really been enjoying your blog and keeping up with you. It's a fun way to get to know you better.....
    Love, Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Jenny! I'm glad you enjoy reading it- I'm really enjoying writing it! Love you!

      Delete