Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Egg On My Face--Literally!

Remember those super delicious mug chocolate chip cookies that I shared the recipe for in one of my first posts? Yeah, I love those things. And by that I mean that I have one at the very least once a week. There's a problem with them though, they use one egg yolk. Leaving at least one abandoned egg white a week!

I hate to waste and living frugally on my own has reinforced that. But what do you do with one egg white? I usually just put it in a little container and mix it in with scrambled eggs in the morning. I know that there are recipes out there that use just egg whites but are they the type of recipes I would make here for myself? If you know of some please share! Or suggest ideas and I'll look into it.

In the meantime, I was browsing through my Beauty Tips board on Pinterest and found this DIY Peel-Off Mask recipe, using just one egg white!! How perfect! So tonight I made a chocolate chip cookie in the microwave (while making Rice-A-Roni and hard boiling eggs on my hot plate, which is apparently an overload on the power strip all those things are plugged into, as it kept flipping off... maybe because the power strip is then  plugged into an extension cord which is finally plugged into the outlet) and gave the mask a try!

You just take an egg white, whip it a little and spread it on your face with a brush. Then press a tissue onto the wet egg and spread more yolk onto that! I didn't use all of the egg either, so I could use it again later in the week.


I think the mask worked well, my face looks and feels soft and smooth. Plus it was so simple! Just an egg white, a tissue, and a brush (the original site says to use a face pack brush but... I don't have one of those so I just used a regular little paint brush because I have plenty of those). The mask could have doubled as a Halloween costume too! Haha and it's fun to be able to peel it off at the end.


It took about half an hour for mine to harden completely. It didn't do as much for removing black heads as I'd hoped but if you're looking for a simple mask to tighten, brighten, and soften skin I would definitely recommend this one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment