Monday, September 17, 2012

Back to Monday

Wow, was this weekend weird for anyone else? Going into the office today was the strangest feeling. My whole weekend seems like a daze. I can't really separate the days in my mind or remember anything I did (mostly because nothing eventful happened and I worked every day), yet it doesn't seem to have flown by, nor did it drag. It just happened I guess.

Although it really wasn't all that different from most weekends, I felt like I was hardly at home. Therefore, I was ready to just get back to my apartment and chill after my internship today. And what better way to relax and enjoy a night at home than with some good ol' fashioned comfort food? In this case, I enjoyed a delicious chocolate chip cookie, made in the microwave!

I've been scouring Pinterest for microwave meal/dessert recipes (and finding mostly desserts hehe) as I don't have an oven in my apartment and depending on the time it can be very inconvenient to use the one upstairs. I've found a lot of winners that I'd love to share! For tonight, there's Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies which I found on Pinterest but was through this blog.

I've altered the recipe just a little bit, finding the original a little too flour-y. And in this case I didn't microwave it til the cookie was done because I wanted some gooey cookie dough as well as baked (nuked) cookie. Yum!


Chocolate Chip Cookie in the Microwave

1 TBSP butter, melted
1 TBSP white sugar
1 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 TBSP flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 TBSP chocolate chips 

Melt the butter in a regular sized coffee mug in the microwave. Add the sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk. Stir in the flour and salt. Add the chocolate chips. Microwave 45-60 seconds or until the cookie is "baked" to your liking. Enjoy with a glass of milk :)



No comments:

Post a Comment