Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lunch in DUMBO

My days at Resource are winding down, just three left next week. Which is totally crazy! It's been a great experience-- I've met some cool people I hope to keep in contact with and learned a lot.

I have to admit though that one of my favorite parts of the job has to be lunch time. Lunch is on your own but thanks to some socially-motivated efforts, the interns usually all eat together. Around 1 o'clock you can see us all exiting the office, "The Herd."

The first stop is Bridge Fresh, a deli just 2 blocks away. I'm still awed by New York delis which sell everything from sushi to hot foods to custom salads to pre-made paninis, burritos, and enchiladas; as well as fresh fruit, sandwiches, pasta... I'm not even doing it justice. Suffice it to say that if you're ever in New York, you should really get a meal from a nice sized deli, just for the awe of all that food!

Today I broke down and bought some sushi. I usually pack my lunch but I've been craving sushi big time and  since I hadn't bought a lunch there yet and my chances to buy anything from this particular deli are running out, I figured it was time to treat myself.

Crab and cucumber sushi

Mmm so worth it :) Then we went to the park (Brooklyn Bridge Park that is) to eat and it was lovely. The park is right on the water and there's a great view of Manhattan. Plus since the Resource office lacks windows it's nice to be outside and see the sunshine a bit. 

Awesome view of Manhattan from Brooklyn Bridge Park


One of our last days all eating together :(

No comments:

Post a Comment