Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Obligatory "About Me" First Post

Well hey there :)

I'm Ashley and here are 20 fun facts about me

1.) I'm 20 years old. (Hence the 20 facts)
2.) I grew up in a small town in Ohio (like the less than 2,000 people kind of small)
3.) I went to a 2-year liberal arts college in Kansas (Hesston College woot woot!) and majored in graphic design.
4.) I worry that those 2 years of college might have been the best years of my life.
5.) I love music! I listen to a wide variety of genres and love finding a new bands that I enjoy.
6.) I moved to New York City at the end of June to do a web design internship at a Resource Magazine, a photo/video magazine in Brooklyn.
7.) I knew no one in NYC before moving here, which was kindof scary but I figured when else am I gonna have an opportunity like this and just be able to just pick up and move to the Big Apple?!
8.) I always spell the word opportunity wrong. I put a "u" where the second "o" goes and get a little red squiggly line underneath. Every time. Thank goodness for spell check!
9.) During the 4 days of the week I'm not interning at Resource, I work at Hill Country BBQ Market in Manhattan as a hostess.
10.) My favorite color is lime green although really any bright colors are great :)
11.) My favorite time to do yoga is in the evening on a rainy night.
12.) I love to cook and bake! One of the most fun parts of living on my own has been cooking for myself and finding new recipes that I can make for just myself and without an oven.
13.) I originally wrote "funnest" in the last fact but knew a certain grammar obsessed friend would mock me for it...
14.) I love to travel! I have been to most states in the continental US and traveled overseas to England and France.
15.) I dream of living various places before settling down anywhere, which is another reason I picked up and moved to New York City right after college. And where I'll go next, I have no idea.
16.) I love taking personality tests and seeing how accurate they are as well as using them to figure out more about myself.
17.) I would be totally fine with being a stay at home mom when I get married.
18.) I'm a Christian. I was raised Mennonite and am in the process of figuring out what that means exactly.
19.) I come from a very close-knit family consisting of my two amazing parents and my wonderful younger sister.
20.) I'm a total night owl and like to stay up late and wake up leisurely to a cup of tea.

That's just a little about me. But stay tuned for more on this crazy, random, adventuresome (or sometimes awkward and boring) life I lead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment